Like you, we’re passionate about exploring Vancouver Island. But now is not the time for inter-community travel; stay in your community and support your local businesses if you can. We look forward to welcoming visitors when the time is right.
Strathcona Park Lodge (SPL) is pleased to offer self-contained waterfront cottage rentals over the winter months, however we will remain closed to the public during the travel advisory effective November 19, 2020.
We have implemented new policies and procedures based on guidelines from the Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC to help you feel safe staying with us.
Property Wide Protocols
- All SPL staff will be completing a COVID-19 daily screening and are not permitted to come to work if they are experiencing any symptoms.
- SPL employees are following WorkSafe BC guidelines for use of PPE and physical distancing.
- Frequent disinfecting process and schedule of high touch point surfaces.
- Guests and staff are to keep 2 m physical distance with anyone not in their family group.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property and at activity locations.
- Please wash your hands before leaving your cottage and when returning to it.
- Our convenient online or phone booking system and no-contact check-in / check-out process limit your points of contact with our staff and other guests.
- If you come to see us at the office we will meet with you outside at a safe distance.
- Room keys will be disinfected between guests.
- Our store and gift shop are closed.
- Private guest cottages are independent of each other to minimize your contact with other guests.
- Each cottage has a private beach fire pit for your enjoyment. Please use driftwood.
- All non-essential materials have been removed from the cottage. Please bring your own books and games as our normal lending items are not available.
- Cottage kitchens include essential kitchenware only and no food items (Please bring your own coffee, tea, sweeteners, salt, pepper etc). All dishes and cookware will be recleaned after each guest’s departure but please leave it clean and put away after use.
- Housekeepers are not permitted to enter your cottage during your stay. Additional towels or linens are available upon request.
- Our thorough cleaning procedures will continue with updates to meet new guidelines.
Rentals & Activities
- Canoe, kayak and stand up paddleboard rentals are available. Equipment is cleaned and sanitized after use.
- Private guided activities will resume next spring. Instructors will be wearing PPE and practicing physical distancing. Equipment will be cleaned and sanitized between each use.
- For the time being our Whale Room Restaurant remains closed and all guests have access to cooking facilities in their cottage. When the Whale Room reopens our foodservice and seating will be updated to comply with new restaurant sector guidelines.
- If you have any symptoms of sickness please stay home, and visit us another time. You can cancel up to the day of your stay and use your deposit to reschedule until October 2021.