Think about your most memorable experiences and there’s a good chance they took place outside. There’s something special about fresh air, human powered activities and beautiful scenery that connects people like nothing else. At Strathcona Park Lodge we’re primed for hosting big groups and unforgettable events. Here your guests can be active and engaged, naturally. No phones. No TVs. Instead, campfires, saunas, playing on the beach, swimming in the lake, canoeing, hiking, challenging the high ropes course, rock climbing or zip lining. These are the kinds of experiences you will remember for a lifetime. The kinds of experiences that create lasting bonds with the people you shared them with. When it comes to choosing a destination where guests can be active and engaged, where everything is on site, no driving required, there is no better destination than Strathcona Park Lodge, on the edge of a lake and amid Vancouver Island’s highest mountains. We make planning a group gathering easy. We’ve hosted hundreds over our 50 year history, everything from weddings to birthdays, family reunions to celebrations, and we take care of everything, so all you have to do is enjoy every minute of it. Here’s what we bring to the party:
- Your choice of sites to host up to 120 guests: lakefront BBQ, beach, scenic lounge, timber-framed barn. All are beautiful, with amazing mountain and valley views.
- The Beach. A flat and level area backstopped by a spectacular view down Upper Campbell Lake to the snowcapped peaks of Strathcona Provincial Park.
- Campfire & BBQ area. Next to the beach site is a spacious BBQ and campfire area with picnic tables and bench seating. Ideal for appetizers, drinks and casual barbecues.
- The Barn. Oh, the parties it’s seen! An easy walk from the beach with amazing sunsets over Strathcona Park, the lake and mountains. Ideal for formal dinners, casual gatherings and, especially, dancing. A great place to have a party!
- High Bracer. An indoor lounge with a stunning view. Above the office, it sits mid-way between the Beach and the Barn. It can be used as a social setting or use the bar feature for serving drinks. All glass facing west, the sunsets are amazing.
What you get:
- A dedicated event planner who is here to help from the time you book your event to the end of your gathering.
- Off season discounts. Come when we are quiet and discover the real magic of a wilderness getaway.
- Food that’s local, nutritious and delicious. We love our food and our Executive chef will ensure you do too
- A range of accommodations. With lodgings in cosy lakefront cottages, private chalet rooms, or budget digs, couples, families, singles and groups of friends can all find the perfect place for their style and budget.
- Make it your own. We’ll set up the barn or beach area, leaving you to decorate and create your unique event.
- One event per weekend. Just you, your guests and the perfect place to create very special memories
- Whatever colour scheme you choose, we’ll add the green. Here at Strathcona we generate our own power, recycle, reuse and compost as much as we possibly can
- Our screen-free rooms promote the simple side to life – laughing around the campfire, warming up in the wood-fired sauna, star gazing or perhaps just old fashioned conversation<
- Zip-lines, high ropes courses, rock climbing, hiking, scavenger hunts and canoeing to name a few of our on-site activities….. we’ve been playing outside for 50 years and reckon we’ve got it covered
For more information on our packages contact our events manager, at (250) 286-3122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org