Starting September 13, Proof of Vaccination (PoV) is needed to access some events, services and businesses, including our food services. At SPL we will be verifying PoV at Check-In. This will ensure seamless access to services during your stay with us.
For more information on Proof of Vaccination (PoV) go to https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
To learn more about British Columbia’s travel restrictions visit www.gov.bc.ca/covidtravel. For more information about our COVID-19 Safety Plan please click on the link. SPL School COVID-19 Safety Plan.
We are pleased to let you know that all SPL staff are partially or fully vaccinated.
We have implemented policies and procedures based on guidelines from the Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC to help you feel safe staying with us.
- This fall food services are open to registered guests only. PLEASE NOTE: our Rooms do not have kitchen facilities or refrigerators.
- Whale Room Restaurant is open for meals at set times ONLY for Registered Guests who have shown PoV. Everyone is required to hand sanitize and mask up when not seated at your table.
Property Wide Protocols
- SPL employees are following WorkSafe BC guidelines for use of PPE and physical distancing.
- Frequent disinfecting process and schedule of high touch point surfaces.
- Guests and staff are encouraged to keep 2 m physical distance with anyone not in their family group.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property and at activity locations.
- Please wash your hands before leaving your accommodation and when returning to it.
- Guests staying in rooms – you are required to show PoV at Check-in in order to access SPL services, including food services. Please be aware there is no food service at our location for people who are unvaccinated. Rooms do not have refrigerators or cooking facilities.
- All non-essential materials have been removed from the cabins. Please bring your own books and games as our normal lending items are not available.
- Cabin kitchens include essential kitchenware only and no food items (Please bring your own coffee, tea, sweeteners, salt, pepper etc). All dishes and cookware will be recleaned after each guest’s departure but please leave it clean and put away after use.
- Housekeepers are not permitted to enter your rooms and cabins during your stay. Additional towels or linens are available upon request.
- Our thorough cleaning procedures will continue with updates to meet new guidelines.