We want to welcome you as soon as we can. Due to travel restrictions in B.C. effective April 23, 2021, people are not allowed to travel outside of their regional zone until May 25, 2021. To learn more about British Columbia’s travel restrictions, essential travel inclusions, and identify which health area you currently reside in visit www.gov.bc.ca/covidtravel.
For those of you from within our health region, you are welcome to come for a staycation in a self contained waterfront cabin if: your party includes only people from your own household, you are self sufficient and bring what you need from your home on Vancouver Island, and everyone in your household is healthy. For those of you from outside our health region we look forward to the day we can welcome you back!
Strathcona Park Lodge (SPL) is pleased to offer self-contained waterfront cabin rentals for contact-less staycations, and canoe, kayak and SUP rentals for local residents during the travel advisory effective April 23-May 25, 2021.
We have implemented policies and procedures based on guidelines from the Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC to help you feel safe staying with us.
Property Wide Protocols
- All SPL staff will be completing a COVID-19 daily screening and are not permitted to come to work if they are experiencing any symptoms.
- SPL employees are following WorkSafe BC guidelines for use of PPE and physical distancing.
- Frequent disinfecting process and schedule of high touch point surfaces.
- Guests and staff are to keep 2 m physical distance with anyone not in their family group.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property and at activity locations.
- Please wash your hands before leaving your cabin and when returning to it.
- Our convenient online or phone booking system and no-contact check-in / check-out process limit your points of contact with our staff and other guests.
- If you come to see us at the office we will meet with you outside at a safe distance.
- Room keys will be disinfected between guests.
- Private guest cabins are independent of each other to minimize your contact with other guests.
- Each cabin has a private beach fire pit for your enjoyment. Please use driftwood and limit your fire size to smaller than .5 metres x .5 metres.
- All non-essential materials have been removed from the cabins. Please bring your own books and games as our normal lending items are not available.
- Cabin kitchens include essential kitchenware only and no food items (Please bring your own coffee, tea, sweeteners, salt, pepper etc). All dishes and cookware will be recleaned after each guest’s departure but please leave it clean and put away after use.
- Housekeepers are not permitted to enter your cabins during your stay. Additional towels or linens are available upon request.
- Our thorough cleaning procedures will continue with updates to meet new guidelines.
Rentals & Activities
- Canoe, kayak and stand up paddleboard rentals are available. Equipment is cleaned and sanitized after use.
- Private guided activities have resumed. Instructors will be wearing PPE and practicing physical distancing. Equipment will be cleaned and sanitized between each use.
- For the time being our Whale Room Restaurant remains closed and all guests have access to cooking facilities in their cabin. When the Whale Room reopens our foodservice and seating will be updated to comply with new restaurant sector guidelines.
- If you have any symptoms of sickness please stay home, and visit us another time. You can cancel up to the day of your stay and use your deposit to reschedule until October 2021.