Food and Dining
Our kitchen staff prepare healthy and delicious meals using locally sourced, organic where possible, and in-season ingredients. You can always be assured that your meal has been made with the environment and your well-being in mind. Our kitchen is nut-free, with options for gluten-free and vegan diets. Our chef makes the daily menu to fuel you on your days’ adventures. Bring your appetite!
Whale Room – Summer 2021 Edition
The Whale Room is open for three meals per day at set times for registered guests only. Due to the BC hospitality staff shortage we unfortunately cannot provide meals for walk-ins.
We do welcome visitors to drop by for a beverage or a day boat rental and hope to provide full service in the future.
We are pleased to offer BC Craft Beverages in our licensed areas. Complimentary locally roasted coffee and teas are available daily until 1:00 p.m. for guests staying with us.
7:30-9:00 a.m. $18 per person (children 6-13 half price, under 5 free)
Includes overnight oats, granola, seasonal fruit, yoghurt, eggs, hash browns, bread products, coffee and teas
12:00-1:00 p.m. $19 per person (children 6-13 half price, under 5 free)
Often ethnically inspired from Buddha Bowls to Burgers, salads, fruit bowl, coffee and teas
6:00-7:30 p.m. $32 per person (children 6-13 half price, under 5 free)
Salads, mains, sides, dessert.
Hiker’s Packed Lunch
$19 per person (must be ordered no later than 1 p.m. the day before)
Includes hearty sandwich or wrap, apple, SPL granola bar or trail Cookie, veggies, organic nut & dark chocolate trail mix. (Choice of Vegan, Vegetarian or House prepared Meat, GF or Wheat)
Artisan Paddlers’ Picnic
$56 per two people (must be ordered no later than 1 p.m. the day before)
Includes House made bread or designer crackers, local cheeses or vege pate & hummus, salad, seasonal vegetables on a bed of Pattison Farm greens, seasonal fruit, dessert bars, chocolate, alcohol free beverage
- Reservations for dinner for registered guests helps us manage the flow and serve you.
- Our Chef prepares delicious meals taking into account taste, local, colourful, seasonal ingredients, our remote location, minimizing waste, COVID service directives and staffing limitations in the BC Hospitality industry. Please be patient!
- Expect there to be one main dinner item that the rest of the meal is based around. Testimonials from Olympic athletes tell us we’re doing something right.
- Please let us know if you have food allergies and we will do our best to accommodate you.
The food in the dining hall cannot be beat. The organic, locally sourced presentations have been the highlight of every trip I’ve taken to SPL. Whether the regular fare for the guests or the specially prepared meals for our teams it gets rave reviews. I can honestly say I’ve never had a meal I didn’t think was 5 star. For the teams SPL was very accommodating working with our managers to provide the additional calories needed for hard working athletes.
– Howard "Howie" Campbell - Olympic Rowing Coach