Strathcona Park Lodge is proud to host the SKGABC’s Fall Exchange. The SKGABC will be using the lodge as they review dry-land workshops, guide trivia and sea shanty competitions, prize draws, and a dance on Saturday night.
View the Fall Exchange schedule (subject to adjustment)
- 40 whitewater kayak and 20 whitewater canoe spots available
- Traditional sea kayak participation also available (unlimited)
- VHF radio refresher
- Flare use refresher and practice
- Celestial navigation
- KAIROS First Nations Blanket Exercise
- CPR “C” recertification option (at additional cost: $76 — contact Slipstream directly to register, but let us know below for scheduling purposes)
- Guide Trivia friendly competition — Friday after dinner
Winners earn bonus kayak prize draws.
- Sea Shanty friendly competition — Saturday after dinner
Gather your friends or go it alone, sing us a sea shanty.
Participants earn bonus kayak prize draws.
Exchange Packing List
- Sleeping bag and mat (if hostel-style accommodation selected, a mattress is provided)
- Earplugs & sleep mask
- Warm clothes, rain gear and gum boots
- Regular overnight gear including headlamp, toiletries, towel, insulated mug or thermos
- Expired flares you may have, and VHF radio for workshops
- Own sea kayak — if you plan to take part in lake sea kayaking rescues and practice
- Own PFD, extra wool/poly layers, and immersion gear if you have them
Basic PFDs, farmer-style wetsuits, and splash tops are available, but your own PFD and drysuit or full body wetsuit will fit better and be warmer. It’s cold in October.
All other whitewater boats and gear provided.
For more details, check out the SKGABC event website and RSVP!