Customize your stay, your way
We know packages aren’t for everyone. Tailor your experience – add on to your stay when you book your cottage. Leave the rest up to us.
Delicious Locally Sourced Meals
Plan ahead and make packing groceries for your stay a breeze!
Join us in the Whale Room, or order a picnic lunch to enjoy at your cottage or on a nearby day trip.
- Locally sourced, artisan take away picnics ready to bring with you on a day trip or to enjoy at your cottage or deck
- Daily meal service for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner served from the Whale Room
Reservations are strongly encouraged for dining, and are required by 6pm on the day prior for picnics. For 2021 the restaurant will be open for 3 meals/day from June 18 – October 24, 2021. Meals will also be available for additional dates for COLT and specialty groups from April-November.
Explore the gorgeous waterways of Strathcona Park Lodge
Rent a canoe, kayak and paddleboard to explore the lake and nearby waterways. We boast more than 80 self-propelled watercraft. Hire a guide or strike out on your own! Boat rentals are available from 9 am – 6 pm daily in summer, 8-4:30 spring and fall.
- Single kayak
- Double kayak
- Stand-up Paddleboard
- 2 or 3 seat Canoe
- 4-6 seat Canoe
- 8-10 seat Canoe
Beautiful private sauna to relax at the end of a long day.
Rent out our gorgeous cedar wood-fired sauna for yourself or a group of friends. If you’re feeling extra brave, take a cold plunge in the lake between sessions. A wonderful treat and a true West Coast bonding experience! Available year-round.
$100 – Rental begins at 6 pm and ends at noon the following day.
Private Guiding (Day)
Let our experienced guides take you on an adventure to remember.
Choose your own adventure at your own pace. Gain a new skill, learn something more, explore a new area. Our multi-talented guides and instructors are here to help. Private guiding is offered for half-day and full-day trips for, rock climbing (on-property), high ropes course, tree climb, paddling lessons and kayak slide, guided hiking and nature walks, and team building games and activities.
$180 – Half Day (for up to 5 people, additional people up to 10 participants $29 per person).
$320 – Full Day (for up to 5 people, additional people up to 10 participants $49 per person).
PRIVATE GUIDING (MULTI-DAY)
Enjoy all-inclusive and guided wilderness expeditions to world class destinations.
We have been guiding alpine and ocean trips longer than anyone else on Vancouver Island, and know our fair share of local secrets. Our instructors and guides have an intimate knowledge of the region and carry Wilderness First Aid Certifications. We take care of the logistics. All you need to do is arrive ready to explore.
OVERNIGHT TRIP OPTIONS
- CANOE TRIPPING AND LAKE SEA KAYAKING – Set out straight from the lodge and enjoy over 60 km of unbroken open water or challenge yourself with one of our nearby lake chains. Enjoy a truly Canadian experience at your own pace.
- HIKING THE BACKCOUNTRY – Enjoy easy access to stunning and remote wilderness areas with the help of our experienced guides. Explore alpine tarns, ridges and meadows, bag a peak and learn about the local flora and fauna. The alpine glow is hard to beat.
* Costs vary based on length of trip, activities and number of people. For questions, bookings and further details and trip plans, please contact us.